Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So well adjusted, I even bore myself sometimes

So I haven't exactly been keeping up with this whole blog thing as well as I had hoped. It's not that I don't want to it's just that I don't have as much to say as I used to. I don't know how all of these daily bloggers do it. I always hesitated to start a blog because I just wasn't sure my creative writing skills were up to the task. I'm just not the kind of person who can make 4 paragraphs about dog poop interesting. (trust me, there are people who can do this) This is especially tough for me because I don't even have a dog.
However, when I first arrived here there were plenty of blog topics rolling around in my head as I was introduced to the quirks of Croatian culture. Unfortunately, I've now adjusted to these things well enough that most of the things that I found strange at first now seem pretty ordinary. But I'm not going to let that stop me. If I found this stuff interesting at one point then hopefully so will you. So in the coming days, before my peaceful little life is invaded by 15 hours! per week of Croatian classes, I'm going to try to whip up a few post about my favorite cultural quirks in Croatia. I'm also working (in my head at least) on a post about my role as an American here. Stay tuned. There's more to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home